Breaking News
recent

You Need Nicki Minaj’s Career Advice In Your Life

Queen Nicki teaches you how to boss up.Queen Nicki teaches you how to boss up.
Right now, Nicki Minaj is busy touring Europe giving her fans all sorts inspiration, but if you weren’t lucky enough to cop a ticket, the star rapper gives us all some motivation in her latest interview.
The “Truffle Butter” MC spoke with Glamour for an article that was published on Thursday (Apr. 9), and in it she’s offering up great advice to those trying to follow in her footsteps as a boss. Guess she truly is a great “leader.”
Here are some of her best words of wisdom from the Glamour interview.
Do What Makes You Happiest And Strongest

Getty Images
“I do think when people see you [looking more] toned back, they take you more seriously, but women should do what makes them happiest and strongest. I wore my colorful wigs to meetings with millionaires and people I’d looked up to forever. I was a businesswoman closing humongous deals even when I had pink hair.”
Let Your Confidence Come From Within
“I used to be so, so hurt by the way women are labeled as bitches—it would just make me angry. I would work around powerful men all day, every day, and their attitudes were horrible, but a man just gets a pass. He gets The Man Pass!
“The Donald Trumps and Kanye Wests and Lil Waynes can have a bad day, they can be cocky and disrespectful and arrogant, and at the end of the day we laugh at it. With a woman, it’s always like, ‘Excuse me, how dare you?’
“But I’ve always been a ‘Where there’s a will, there’s a way’ kind of person. I know I’m as great as the great men in hip-hop, in terms of being an MC. And I think, secretly, they all know! Your overall confidence has to come from within.”
Don’t Worry About Being Perfect
“When I was recording [my song] ‘Chi-Raq,’ I went into the recording booth and I just did it in this really low, monotone voice, my chains making noise on the mic. I was just laying it down as a reference. Then I went back in and tried to make it perfect. And you know what? I went back to the original take.
“Give yourself some room to make a mistake and have fun. The less pressure I put on myself, the more I leave myself open for magical moments.”
Unknown

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.